WHAT WILL YOU DISCOVER
Passing only a few days in Pondicherry?
If you want to discover its surroundings on a motorcycle, we highly recommend you a tour of the incredible site of Gingee, former strategic place of Indo- Muslim history and the Franco-British conflict in the region.
• The visit of a great out of beaten tracks site.
• The discovery of a beautiful cultural heritage.
• The cross of authentic villages.
WHEN THIS TOUR HAPPENS
All year long except May and June.
Early departure for two to three hours drive through villages and countryside of Tamil Nadu. Arrival at Gingee and visit of the impressive fortress; discover the Krishnagiri fort, the monkeys temple and climb to the Rajagiri citadel, the highest spot of the site. The whole place is surrounded by green paddy fields and huge rock piles.
Back to Pondicherry in the late afternoon.
* The climb to the different sites Gingee requires good shoes and good physical shape!
**Avoid wearing jewelry or shiny object , which would attract the numerous monkeys.
We consider this route to be quite easy. The roads are in pretty good shape and once we leave the cities we don’t have to deal with lots of traffic.
• from 1 to 10 riders maximum.
• In case you do not want to drive or that you simply do not have your motorcycle license, we offer you the opportunity to be pillion of one of our tour leaders!
*Our tours are customizable according to your wishes. Please share them with us, so that we can create a tailor made adventure just for you*